Tuesday 18 October 2011

Grace




This weekend I met my new baby niece, Grace, for the first time.  What a joyous occasion it was, not only to see my little sister and to congratulate her, but I got to spend a little time with my niece.  Holding her, feeding her and inhaling her intoxicating new-baby smell.  She has just the most perfect name, 'Grace,' one of the definitions given in my dictionary says, "the unmerited favour of god; a divine saving and strengthening influence." Indeed she is.  Cradling her in my arms while she soundly slept she made me think how babies are the perfect reminder to us of our basic needs.  How all we really need is warmth, nourishment and love.  How complicated we make our adult lives when these things are in fact the only things we ever truly 'need'.  Four weeks old and already she's teaching us lessons.  Thank you Grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment