Tuesday 11 October 2011

Autumnal Musings





This is it guys, the nights are getting darker earlier and we're getting up in the dark.  Oh Autumn, you sure are pretty but you make it so hard to get up in the mornings! The heating is going on as are the jumpers and the wooly socks.  This week sees the closing up of the coldframes, the packing away of the garden furniture, the composting of the last remaining tomato plants.  Inside, we're still making our way through those apples and I'm thinking about dusting off my knitting needles.  (I've recently lost the bug for knitting but I would very much like it to come back).

Sunday was a beautiful day for a walk in the woods where we spotted lots of people collecting sweet chestnuts.  We collected some too and have yet to roast them and try them out for the first time.  It wasn't the easiest of walks with a 'challenging' three year old who was not keen on going for the walk that Mummy and Daddy wanted to do. Yet, I still managed to absorb the beauty of the place, the smells and we found some treasure too.










 Saturday night was spent in front of 'X-Factor', two hours of my life that I would rather like back, I think I'm getting too old for it.  Sunday night was spent at a performance of 'Madame Butterfly', two hours of my life very well spent, not only for the heart-achingly beautiful music but for the company of my sweet friends too.

Autumn is here and it has brought me many, many gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment