Thursday 10 November 2011

A good read

I just love it when I pick up a random book which I haven't heard of before, I don't know the author and have read no reviews.  When that random book turns out to be a really good read it's such a pleasant surprise.  This book won't win any literary prizes but that wasn't what I was looking for.  I wanted a really engrossing read that I couldn't put down, this was it.  The author is American and this is her second novel (I will be sure to look for her first, 'Still Alice').  The basic story is about a high-flying executive woman with three children and a very crazy schedule which is all fine until one day she's rushing around so much she has a car accident which leaves her partially brain-damaged.  She then has to re-adjust to her new life of going a lot slower and in the process learns some very valuable lessons about what it is she really wants from life. It's a lovely story and resonates with me so much because of its message about re-evaluating one's priorities in life, really thinking about what is truly important.  Loved it, I think you might too, x.

No comments:

Post a Comment