Thursday, 7 February 2013
An alternative 'To Do' list
My normal 'to do' list for a day would include the usual things like, call the dentist, pick up dry cleaning, buy milk and bread, order a birthday present, etc. The standard kind of stuff. Last night I was just about to write a to do list for today, so that I could empty my mind before I go to sleep, otherwise I can't go to sleep. It occurred to me though, what about a different kind of 'To Do' list? What if I made a list of some of the things that are really important to me? What if I gave these things a focus for today instead of the more mundane tasks?
So here goes, an alternative 'To Do' list;
- Sit down with that first cup of tea of the morning and taste it
- Inhale the sweet scent of my baby
- Kiss my husband and tell him I'm proud of him
- Check my e-mail only once today
- Give my girls my time and my love, the best gifts of all
- Go out in to the garden and see what it's been up to all winter
- Enjoy the feel of running my hands through freshly washed hair
- Listen to the responses when I ask people questions
- Read, read, read
- Forgive myself for not being perfect
- Give thanks for everything
What would be on yours?